This course teaches students the fundamentals of performance testing using HP LoadRunner. By the completion of this course, students will be able to utilize LoadRunner’s features to automate performance / load tests.
Planning an Effective Load Test
• What is performance testing
• Fundamentals behind performance Testing
• Define measurable goals for testing
• Gather information before testing
• Document and organize system information
• Cookies and Sessions
• Structure the script based on planning
• Use VuGen to record a Vuser script for Web environment
• Describe HTML and URL recording levels
• When to use HTML and/or URL recording levels
• Identify the appropriate Web Run-time settings to set
• Configure Web Run-time settings to run the script
• Verify Vuser script functionality in VuGen
Actions and Transactions
• Create multiple actions in a Vuser script
• Configure actions to achieve load testing goals
• Add Transactions to measure response times
• Solve playback problems by parameterizing the script
• Identify visual cues to check for during load testing
• Add Text Checkpoints during and after recording Day -2
Correlation During and After Recording
• Correlation after recording
• Use the Scan for correlation tool
• Correlate data during recording
• Define rules for correlation in Recording Options
• Enable correlation during recording
Introduction to Scenarios
• Explain elements that make a LoadRunner scenario
• Identify different types of scenarios
• How to choose the scenario
• Present the basic steps for creating a scenario
Using Run-Time Settings
• Script and Scenario Run-time settings
• Configure Run-time settings in the Controller
• Prepare for a scenario run
• Identify techniques to efficiently run a scenario
• Scheduling by group and by scenario
• Prepare VuGen User (Vuser) initialization
• Configure duration scheduling
• Configure scenario ramp up and ramp down
• Value of root cause analysis , resource Bottenecks, code loops
• Diagnose errors with LoadRunner Application and Architecture
• Meaningful interpretation of LoadRunner graphs
Post Training Assessment Test (30 min)
* Note: We are open for any customization to course contents.
Q: When are the courses held?
A: The courses are scheduled monthly throughout the year.
Q: What do I take away from the course?
A: As well as the skills to use the product, you also receive a comprehensive workbook and a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I get a course manual to keep?
A: Yes, you receive a comprehensive workbook.
Q: Where are the classroom training courses held?
A: The courses are all held in Parramatta, Sydney.
Q: Is the training practical or theory based?
A: Both. All of our course combine practical demonstrations and theory. You will have a sole use of a laptop throughout the course and can practice what you have learnt at the end of each chapter.
Q: Do I need to bring a laptop?
A: Yes, it is required to help you start from scratch on your own machine.
Q: Is there an exam?
A: You do not sit an exam at the end of the course.
Q: What qualification will I get?
A: You will receive a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I need any previous practical experience?
A: This depends on the course you choose to take. All of our Introductory and Complete courses require no prior knowledge. If you are considering attending an Advanced course, but have not sat the basic course, then you will be expected to have relevant practical experience in the tool.
Q: Do you offer on-site training?
A: Yes, all of our courses can be delivered as on-site courses. We provide all laptops, projector, workbooks and certificates. Please call us on +61 (02) 86773409 for a quote. We can also deliver on-line training just for your company with a schedule to suit you.
Q: Do you offer post course support?
A: Yes, in two ways; firstly, all our trainers can help with initial queries you may have when using the tools post-course via email. Secondly we also provide short-term on-site internship.