Professional Manual Testing Program is meant for professionals who want to enter into the IT field. It starts with conceptual clarity on software testing, fundamentals of manual/functional testing, JIRA tool, introduction to Automation and how a testing team works in an Agile environment. The highlights of the course are ongoing assignments, project work and preparation for the interview.
- Introduction to software testing fundamentals
- SDLC lifecycle (waterfall, V-model etc)
- Testing lifecycle
- Roles & Responsibilities of software tester
- Static and Dynamic testing
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Testing Levels (unit testing, system testing, system integration testing etc)
- Regression testing and its significance in Agile projects
- Test factors for test case design
- Test case design techniques using flowcharts, use case scenarios, permutations and
- Boundary value and equivalence partition techniques for data driven testing.
- Defect reporting and management
- Bug lifecycle
- Test Reporting and documentation (Test summary report, traceability matrix etc)
- Tools for test management (JIRA, Zephyr)
- Interview Techniques (Q&A)
- Assignments based assessment Introduction to JIRA and Zephyr
- Getting started and setup
- Agile Boards - Scrum, Kanban
- Overview of Epics, Stories and tasks in JIRA
- How to write a story in JIRA
- Defect Management
- Introduction to Zephyr
- Zephyr and JIRA Integration
- Creating test in Zephyr
- Test Execution and Reporting in Zephyr
- Linking defects with Test
Introduction to Test Automation Tool
- What is Automation
- Benefits of Automation
- When to automate
- How to automate
- Economics of Automation
- Key Commercial tools comparison
- Automation Concepts
- Preparing to Record
- Introduction to Selenium
- Selenium Components Installation
- Selenium IDE
- Managing User interface controls
- Understanding Java Concepts
- Debugging Scripts
- Batch Execution
- Automation Frameworks
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- The Twelve Principles
- The Agile Ecosystem
- Product Owner
- Scrum Team
- User Story
- Acceptance criteria
- Initiative/Feature/User Story Hierarchy
- Sizing/estimates of the user stories
- Minimum Viable Product a.k.a. the MVP
- The Sprint
- Technical cycle time
- Agile Team
- Scrum Master
- Agile Tester
- Other Agile Team members
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Story Board
- Daily Stand-Up
- Sprint Burn-Down
- Balance Scope vs. Schedule
- Definition of Done
- Agile Governance
- The Waterfall Process
- A Phased Waterfall Project
- An Agile Process
- Small Agile project
- Working on a project to have a practical experience in testing
- Qualifying Exam
* Note: We are open for any customization to course contents.
Q: Do I need to be from technical background to do this course?
A: Working knowledge of internet and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel) is enough for learning testing.
Q: Is this a basic or advance software testing course?
A: This course starts with the basics and Fundamentals of Manual Testing and then gradually moves to the advance levels of Manual testing with a Test Management Tool (Quality Center/ALM)
Q: Is PMTP & ISTQB same?
A: PMTP is a practical and specialised software testing course whereas ISTQB is a theoretical software testing knowledge base course.
Q: Which jobs can I apply after doing PMTP?
A: You can apply for Jr. Test Analyst and Test Analyst roles.
Q: Do you support with job placements?
A: We prepare you for the interview preparations and share our internal & external job posting with you directly to reduce your round of interviews.