Test Automation using Selenium (with C#)
The course is designed to familiarize testing professionals with the basics of testing web applications using Selenium. Testers can build, enhance, and maintain scripts using both the Selenium IDE and the Selenium 2.0 WebDriver. Hands-on instruction is provided for those who want to explore the power of using Selenium. The Selenium IDE plug-in builds effective and resilient test scripts using a wide variety of current programming languages. The focus is on the practical application of Selenium WebDriver to resolve common web automated testing challenges. Course focuses in using Selenium WebDriver with C# (Visual Studio 2015.
Duration: 2 Days
- Overview of Selenium Course
- Selenium Installation on participant’s machines
- Introduction to Automation
- Application walk through
- Preparation for Automation
Introduction to Selenium
- Selenium Introduction
- Explain what is Selenium
- What is Selenium IDE
- What is Selenium RC
- What is Selenium WebDriver
- What is Selenium Grid
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium IDE setup
- Record Replay script with Selenium IDE
- View Test Results
- Explain elements of Selenium scripts
- Object Inspection tools like Firebug/FirePath
Introduction to Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium Webdriver Setup
- Why WebDriver
- Selenium Webdriver setup
- Visual Studio setup
- Basics of C#
- C# features (datatype, loop, overloading, try catch, etc)
- Using C# in Visual Studio 2015
- Creating first script using webdriver
- Create Script
- Close and Quit methods in Webdriver
- Execute Selenium script using webdriver
- Object Recognition in Web Driver
- Object Locator strategies with WebDriver
- Extracting Xpaths and relevence of Xpath
- Identifying WebElements using id, name, linkname, class, xpath, tagname etc
- Verification Point in Selenium
Advanced Selenium WebDriver
- Creating Shared UI Map
- Using Configuration File
- Reading UI Map file
- Using Functions
- Need of Functions
- Function Syntax and calling functions
- Getting Dynamic Data values
- Selenium Reporting
- Nunit Reports
- Working with Dynamic Objects
- Regular Expression
- Programming based object recognition
- Pop up handling in Selenium
- Exception handling
- Continuous Integration with TFS
- Post Assessment
Post Training Assessment Test (30 min)
Q: When are the courses held?
A: The courses are scheduled monthly throughout the year.
Q: What do I take away from the course?
A: As well as the skills to use the product, you also receive a comprehensive workbook and a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I get a course manual to keep?
A: Yes, you receive a comprehensive workbook.
Q: Where are the classroom training courses held?
A: The courses are all held in Parramatta, Sydney.
Q: Is the training practical or theory based?
A: Both. All of our course combine practical demonstrations and theory. You will have a sole use of a laptop throughout the course and can practice what you have learnt at the end of each chapter.
Q: Do I need to bring a laptop?
A: Yes, it is required to help you start from scratch on your own machine.
Q: Is there an exam?
A: You do not sit an exam at the end of the course.
Q: What qualification will I get?
A: You will receive a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I need any previous practical experience?
A: This depends on the course you choose to take. All of our Introductory and Complete courses require no prior knowledge. If you are considering attending an Advanced course, but have not sat the basic course, then you will be expected to have relevant practical experience in the tool.
Q: Do you offer on-site training?
A: Yes, all of our courses can be delivered as on-site courses. We provide all laptops, projector, workbooks and certificates. Please call us on +61 (02) 86773409 for a quote. We can also deliver on-line training just for your company with a schedule to suit you.
Q: Do you offer post course support?
A: Yes, in two ways; firstly, all our trainers can help with initial queries you may have when using the tools post-course via email. Secondly we also provide short-term on-site internship.