Test Automation using HP Quick Test Professional - Advanced QTP
HP QuickTest Professional is an advanced automated testing solution for building functional and regression test suites. It captures, verifies, and replays user interactions automatically for every major software application and environment. QuickTest Professional is a next-generation automated testing solution that deploys the concept of Keyword-Driven testing to radically simplify test creation and maintenance
Day – 1
Object Repository Administration and Maintenance
- Object Repository Types
- Using Object Repository Manager (ORM)
- Working With Shared Objects
- Working With Local Object
- Working with Merge Tool
- Working With Object Properties
- Generating Scripts
Using VBScript Operators, Statements, and Functions
- Create scripts that include VBScript operators, functions, and statements.
- List some commonly used VBScript operators.
- List some commonly used VBScript statements.
- List some commonly used VBScript functions.
- Given a test case requiring basic VBScript, build the script that meets its requirements.
Retrieving External Data
- Build scripts that access data from external sources.
- Import data from an Excel spreadsheet.
- Use the Connection and RecordSet objects to query a database.
- Read and output information to text files.
Creating New Procedures
- Identify the advantages of a new procedure.
- Create new subroutines and functions.
- Distinguish between a global procedure and an object method.
- Register a procedure to an object class.
- Build and associate a library of functions.
Managing QTP Run Errors
- Identify when to handle run errors programmatically.
- Distinguish between aborting loops, procedures, iterations, actions, and runs.
- Use the VBScript ON ERROR RESUME NEXT statement.
- Use recovery scenarios for run errors that may occur anywhere in a script.
Day – 2
Working with Object Properties
- Retrieving Properties of an Object
- Using Constants and Variables
- Using the Reporter Utility Object
Working with Dynamic Objects
- Write scripts that operate on different objects depending on run-time information.
- Build a programmatic description.
- Create and use a Description object.
- Identify when programmatic descriptions are useful.
Case Study – Implementation of Automation Framework
Q: When are the courses held?
A: The courses are scheduled monthly throughout the year.
Q: What do I take away from the course?
A: As well as the skills to use the product, you also receive a comprehensive workbook and a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I get a course manual to keep?
A: Yes, you receive a comprehensive workbook.
Q: Where are the classroom training courses held?
A: The courses are all held in Parramatta, Sydney.
Q: Is the training practical or theory based?
A: Both. All of our course combine practical demonstrations and theory. You will have a sole use of a laptop throughout the course and can practice what you have learnt at the end of each chapter.
Q: Do I need to bring a laptop?
A: Yes, it is required to help you start from scratch on your own machine.
Q: Is there an exam?
A: You do not sit an exam at the end of the course.
Q: What qualification will I get?
A: You will receive a certificate of attendance.
Q: Do I need any previous practical experience?
A: This depends on the course you choose to take. All of our Introductory and Complete courses require no prior knowledge. If you are considering attending an Advanced course, but have not sat the basic course, then you will be expected to have relevant practical experience in the tool.
Q: Do you offer on-site training?
A: Yes, all of our courses can be delivered as on-site courses. We provide all laptops, projector, workbooks and certificates. Please call us on +61 (02) 86773409 for a quote. We can also deliver on-line training just for your company with a schedule to suit you.
Q: Do you offer post course support?
A: Yes, in two ways; firstly, all our trainers can help with initial queries you may have when using the tools post-course via email. Secondly we also provide short-term on-site internship.